There has currently been a stir throughout America about a You Tube video entitled "Barack the Magic Negro", a political satire ostensibly using the imitated voice of Al "Podium Al" Sharpton and sung to the tune of Peter, Paul and Mary's "Puff the Magic Dragon." The debate is if this, in fact, is political satire, racism or just insensitive in nature.
In a few short days, an African American man will move from his private residence into a much larger and infinitely more expensive one owned not by him but by the taxpayers. A vast lawn, a perimeter fence and many well trained security specialists will insulate him from the rest of us but the mere fact that this man will be residing in this house should make us all stop and count or blessings - because it proves that we live in a nation where anything is possible. But, enough about O.J. Simpson.
I, too, have spent a lot of sleepless nights (and days, I'm a cat, you know) worrying about Barack Obama and "Podium Al" Sharpton's sensitivity. I have recently been the target of racism myself. I received the following words via email entitled "How To Wash A Cat" and I am not a happy camper.....
1. Put both lids of the toilet up add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a 'power-wash' and rinse'.
6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.
8.. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, And run outside where he will dry himself off.
9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.
This is obvious racism to the "nth" degree and should not be tolerated. Many of my canine colleagues have concurred with my assessment of this and have vowed to stand behind me.
Best wishes for a safe and Happy New Year and......
Stray Tuned !