Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Doggie Doo Lesson

I get along with dogs pretty well and I have a lot of doggie pals, but I do have a beef about some of their personal habits. As you know, we cats are very careful to make sure that we bury and cover our business immediately after the negotiations are concluded.

Dogs, on the other hand, just sniff around until they find a spot they like and boom!....there it is! It doesn't matter if it's a tree, a fire hydrant or a small child. They just lift their leg and fire away.

And, you can forget about number two! I think they look around for the most traveled area they can find, squat and leave a gift for some unsuspecting human to step in it. You might say that's just their nature and forget about it. I say, If dogs can bury and cover their bones, then they should bury and cover their business as well.

My pal, Linda in Washington, sent me the featured picture of this nice doggie, who after graduating summa cum laude from doggie obedience school, displays the proper way to clean up after himself.

I saw a documentary on white deer and they looked kinda neat so I'm sprinkling a few pictures of them throughout today's post. Do not confuse the featured picture of the white canine with the white deer.

Cats are normally graceful creatures, but occasionally they do make slight errors in judgement and when they do, it's usually comical. This is a video that I found hidden in my archives and I thought I show it to you.

The Cat's Meow And Puppy Dog Tales:

A thief broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you." He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze.

When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you."

Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. The thief said, "Did you say that?" The parrot said, "Yep, I'm just trying to warn you."

The thief relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?" The parrot replied, "Moses." The burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird 'Moses'?" The parrot said, "The same kind of people that would name a Rottweiler 'Jesus'."

A city boy was visiting the country and wanted to go hunting. The farmer lent the boy his gun, telling him not to kill any farm animals. The city boy headed off and soon after saw a goat. He managed to creep into range and finally shot it. Not knowing anything about animals, the boy didn't know what he'd killed so he ran to the farmhouse and described his kill to the farmer.

"It had two saggy tits, a beard and a hard head," said the boy. The farmer. "Oh crap, You've shot my wife!"

A man walks into a bar and orders a beer. He sips it and sets it down. A monkey swings across the bar and pisses in the beer. The man asks the bartender who owns the monkey. The bartender replies, "The piano player".

The man walks over to the piano player and says "Do you know your monkey pissed in my beer?" The pianist replies, "No, but if you hum a few bars, I'll try play it."

That's Possum's Journal for this week. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms. Have a great weekend and I'll have more next week.

Stray Tuned !

7 comments:

Martha said...

Beautiful deer and love the jokes! I hope you and your pet Jimmy have a great weekend! :-)

garnett109 said...

Love those deer possum Would white wine or red wine go good with them?

Linda's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda's World said...

Another great entry my dear Possum! The dog owners that live around me like to let their doggies out for a little neighborhood run and they all seem to like to do their #2 business in my front yard. If I don't happen to see it and run over it with the lawn mower ~ oh gag! You have a marvelous weekend and do something nice for Jimmy on Mother's Day...he after all is your adopted mom

Paula said...

I agree with you Possum. Dogs need to be more careful with ---well you know what I mean. The white deer are beautiful. Susie, another neat cat.

Julie said...

Thanks for wishing us Happy Mothers day. Loved the jokes

Anonymous said...

I've always said I would get a Shepherd again if he could clean up after himself & put his dog food cans in the recycling.
The deer are a treat. I wish they'd stop slaughtering them in NJ. It isn't their fault we've built nondescript condos that don't even sell everythere. ~Mary